Planning Rigorous Integrated Inquiry Based Learning
This workshop takes teachers step by step through HOW they plan rigorous inquiry units (integrated or not) starting with the State Curriculum. The planning process addresses developing learner centred-learning, self-regulation and meta-cognition, and developing big picture concepts and essential questions in a natural way. The planning process is built upon teachers developing shared common understandings of learning and progression and provides simple structures for formative and summative assessment.
Flow of the workshop
- Deconstruct the Victorian Curriculum in a meaningful way
- Identify observable success criteria for the entire unit
- Create a logical sequence of key conceptual understandings that contextualises the learning for students and teachers
- Create inquiry questions at various levels (Factual, Conceptual, Debatable) for the conceptual understandings
- Design authentic assessment that are engaging and meaningful
Teachers will leave the day with a spine of a unit that they can continue to develop after they leave the workshop.
Being led by Dr Adrian Bertolini
Adrian is the Founder & Director of Learning of Intuyu Consulting. He is one of Australia's foremost thought leaders on practical and real education that empowers and develops resilient, independent learners. Whilst his journey began as an engineer and Senior Lecturer in Aerospace Engineering at RMIT University, Adrian has worked across Australia, with students and teachers in primary, secondary and tertiary environments, to create authentic learning structures and experiences.
Adrian is much sought after by schools for his simple and effective presentations that not only challenges people to think deeply but also provides listeners with the practical "how's" to move forward. He is constantly acknowledged for being an engaging, passionate and knowledgeable speaker and facilitator.